What REALLY Gets Software Developers Promoted?
It can be confusing when most companies don’t make it clear how software developers can get promoted for more senior roles.
If you’re a junior developer and trying to figure out, what exactly do I need to do? – it may not be cut and dry.
Rather in this episode, I share some soft skills I’ve found in working with over 30 software development teams that I see those who get promoted exhibit.
If you want to be considered for a senior software engineer role, or perhaps a higher level role such as a team lead, development manager, director, or even CTO – these skills are incredibly valuable.
They will make you stand out from other candidates and naturally be seen as a more mature option for a technical leader.
Skip To Points In The Video
- Help Others Succeed (1:30)
- Admit What You Don’t Know (3:12)
- Take On More Responsibility (4:51)
- Deliver On Your Promises (6:20)
- Focus On Business Value (7:53)
- Improve Communication Skills (9:38)
- Take Responsibility For Your Actions (11:11)