Scott Nimrod on Consulting and Software Craftsmanship
Scott Nimrod is an experienced Software Consultant based out of Miami who specializes in Test Automation, WPF, Functional Programming, and a variety of other technologies.
He was an early subscriber to my channel and has given me a lot of great advice and support since I started out on YouTube in 2017!
In this interview, Scott and I discuss some serious topics related to software craftsmanship and consulting.
Specifically the dynamics between consultants and managers, working with difficult people, career growth, testing – and the direction of the software industry.
Scott also runs a YouTube channel here with great interviews and live coding exercises.
Skip To Points In The Video
- Rescuing Projects with Quality (9:55)
- Short-Term Product Decisions (13:17)
- Continuing Developer Education (17:40)
- Accepting Unmotivated Employees (20:34)
- Getting Blamed for Failures (26:01)
- Staying Positive and Fearless (29:11)
- Establishing Industry Authority (35:31)
- Unpredictability and Estimating (42:53)
- Forcing Process Changes on People (48:45)
- Focusing Your Passion on People (58:40)
- Coping With Corporate Politics (1:00:27)