Scott Nimrod on Consulting and Software Craftsmanship
In this interview, Scott Nimrod and I discuss dynamics between consultants and hiring managers, career growth, and the direction of the industry.
Watch or listen to this episode
Scott Nimrod is an experienced Software Consultant based out of Miami who specializes in Test Automation, WPF, Functional Programming, and a variety of other technologies.
He was an early subscriber to my channel and has given me a lot of great advice and support since I started out on YouTube in 2017!
In this interview, Scott and I discuss some serious topics related to software craftsmanship and consulting.
Specifically the dynamics between consultants and managers, working with difficult people, career growth, testing – and the direction of the software industry.
Scott also runs a YouTube channel here with great interviews and live coding exercises.
Skip To Points In The Video
- Rescuing Projects with Quality (9:55)
- Short-Term Product Decisions (13:17)
- Continuing Developer Education (17:40)
- Accepting Unmotivated Employees (20:34)
- Getting Blamed for Failures (26:01)
- Staying Positive and Fearless (29:11)
- Establishing Industry Authority (35:31)
- Unpredictability and Estimating (42:53)
- Forcing Process Changes on People (48:45)
- Focusing Your Passion on People (58:40)
- Coping With Corporate Politics (1:00:27)
About the Healthy Software Developer show.
On the show, Jayme shares all of his teamwork and leadership strategies, guidelines for healthy company culture, and stories about real projects so you can have a sustainable career in the software industry.
Develop a mindset and habits to keep you calm so you still love writing code - avoiding the traps most developers fall into.
A family man and veteran of over 30 software projects, Jayme experienced many wins and losses that led him to helping developers succeed in their careers online.